Once again, my crock pot saves the day! I decided to paleo-fy my favorite chili recipe and it was allllmost as good. The key ingredient in my chili is beer, which I couldn’t add, and I also love beans, which aren’t paleo. But this one came out pretty darn good! And I just threw it all in the crockpot, stirred, and let sit on low for about 8 hours. Can’t get much easier than that. You can also tweak this to add any meat/veggies/spices you’d like!
Paleo Crock Pot Chili
- 1 lb. ground turkey/beef
- 1/2 lb. stew beef
- Chopped peppers (approx. 2 peppers)
- Chopped onion (approx. 1 onion)
- Diced zucchini (approx. 1 zucchini)
- Diced tomato (approx. 2 large tomatoes)
- 1 packet chili seasoning (I found McCormick’s Tex Mex to be the only paleo blend at Walmart!)
- 1 can tomato paste (12 oz.)
- 1 can tomato sauce (14.5 oz)
- 1/2 – 1 cup water/broth (I think I added too much water because mine came out a bit thin, so add water carefully!)
- Cumin (to taste)
1.) Add all ingredients to a crock pot, stir, and cook on high for about 4 hours or low for about 8 hours. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!